There is considerable scientific evidence that stress, anxiety and depression can all be influenced by diet.
Blood sugar levels are best if they are maintained at a constant level with as little fluctuation as possible.
The deficit or surplus of certain nutritional types can interfere with neurological, hormonal and biochemical balances.
- Vitamin B – beef, pork, chicken, leafy greens, legumes, oranges and other citrus fruits, rice, nuts, and eggs
- Slow Burning Carbohydrates – whole wheat bread, potatoes and brown rice
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids (EPA and DHA) – oily fish like salmon and trout (preferably river varieties as marine stock is high in contaminants like mercury)
- Proteins – fish, meats, broccoli, eggs, nuts, beans, soy, and lentils
- Certain Amino Acids like Tryptophan – turkey, chicken, bananas, oats, soy, nuts, and sesame seeds.
Foods To Be Avoided
- Saturated Fats – junk food
- Refined Sugars